Our Roofing Process
Our goal at Champion Roofing is to provide you with a quality experience as we work through the process of determining your roofing needs to repair or replacement of your roof. From the time you request a quote regarding the repair or installation of a roof, whether by phone or our online form, we begin the process with a call to discuss typical roofing issues and general costs. Once you decide you would like to pursue the project further, one of our highly trained roofing estimators will schedule a free, in-person inspection of your roof.
THE ROOFING CONTRACT
Once our estimator has evaluated your residential roof, we will submit a free, detailed written estimate – via email, fax or postal mail.By signing and returning one copy, along with your deposit check (or credit card details) to Champion Roofing, a legal contract is established; and we move your project to our schedulers.
SCHEDULING YOUR CHICAGO ROOFING JOB
Champion Roofers chooses the best crew for your specific roofing needs. Allowing for weather and holidays, we establish a work schedule. Next, we order all needed materials, which are shipped to the work site, or brought directly by our workers.
SETTING UP THE JOB SITE AT YOUR HOME
Our professional crew will lay out tarps, prepare plywood, shingles, tools, extension cords and so on. We welcome your questions and concerns, and ask that you direct them to the job foreman or our headquarters office. We provide prompt, courteous and honest answers.
TEARING OFF YOUR HOME’S EXISTING ROOF
Removing an average of 10,000 lbs. of wood, tarpaper, nails and insulation is a loud and potentially dangerous process.We immediately throw these items into the garbage dumpster. Our skilled workers make this process as safe as possible; and we ask homeowners – who only have their roofs replace once or twice in a lifetime –leave the task to us.
REMOVAL OF WARPED, CRACKED OR DAMAGED STRUCTURAL WOOD
By exposing the original roof deck for the first time since it was built, we will assess and make recommendations about wood replacement. Luckily, most homes require small amounts – if any – of new wood. On average, customers require 20 ft. to 80 ft. of new wood to avoid continued degradation of your roof’s structure.
INSTALLING A NEW ROOF ON YOUR HOME
Once we have installed solid decking, your new roof system is comprised of our items:
- #1 ICE BARRIER An Ice Barrier is designed for installation in the valley areas of heated space; as well as at the eves. As a self-sticking membrane, the ice barrier holds back melting ice water that flows under shingles due to frozen ice dams.
- #2 FELT PAPER Felt Paper was originally designed to protect roofing shingles from sap contained in the new roofing boards. More often, this paper acts as a last line of defense when heavy windblown rain hits your roof
- #3 SHINGLES Champion Chicago roofers have decades’ worth of hands-on shingle installation experience. Our commitments to training, craftsmanship and rigorous inspections, has led to hundreds of well-shingled homes in Chicago.
- #4 DETAILS Successful, attractive roofs not only don’t leak, but also appear great. By installing attractive chimney and pipe flashings, these two details, among many others, allow our crews to take pride in building roof systems that look terrific and provide years of service by removing consumer worries.
COMPLETED RESIDENTIAL ROOFING PROJECTS
Once our work has finished, we clean and sweep sidewalks and driveways; as well as rake lawns and plantings, to ensure that unwanted debris is removed. Our Chicago roofers use powerful magnets to pick up any nails, screws and bits of wiring that may have fallen during the work on your roof. Everything is then hauled away, leaving your home clean and pristine. Additional work (such as siding, windows, gutters, etc.) will be installed by a separate Champion crew at a later, scheduled date.
ROOFING PROJECT FOLLOWUP
Importantly, a full 86% of Roofer companies fail during their first five years in business. Champion Roofing has proven its worth in Chicago for nearly three decades. We stand by our workmanship and professionalism. Further, we know that word-of-mouth recommendations from happy customers are our best advertisement. Thank you for the opportunity to repair or build your roof.
Contact Champion Roofing, Inc. today and discover what we can do for you!Contact us today and enjoy the quality of service that comes with over thirty years of experience!
- Roofing Expertise
- Comprehensive Warranty
- Attention to Detail
- Fully Licensed, Bonded, Insured
- Roof Leak Repair
- Roof Replacement
- Gutters and Downspouts
- Maintenance Programs